The laser cutting machine system generally consists of a laser generator, an (outer) beam transmission component, a workbench (machine tool), a microcomputer numerical control cabinet, a cooler, and a computer (hardware and software).
1) Main part of the machine tool: The mechanical part of the laser cutting machine part, which realizes the movement of the X, Y and Z axes, including the cutting work platform. It is used to place the workpiece to be cut and to move correctly and accurately according to the control program, usually driven by a servo motor.
2) Laser generator: A device that produces a laser light source. For laser cutting applications, except for a few cases using YAG solid-state lasers, most of them use CO2 gas lasers with high electro-optical conversion efficiency and high output power. Since laser cutting requires high beam quality, not all lasers can be used for cutting. Gaussian mode is suitable for less than 1500W, low-order mode CO2 laser 100W-3000W, multi-mode 3000W or more.
3) External light path: A refractive mirror that guides the laser in the desired direction. In order to prevent the beam path from malfunctioning, all mirrors are protected by a protective cover and a clean positive pressure shielding gas is introduced to protect the lens from contamination. A good-performing lens focuses a beam with no divergence angle into an infinitely small spot. A 5.0 inch focal length lens is typically used. The 7.5" lens is only for >12mm thick.
4) CNC system: Control the machine tool to realize the movement of X, Y and Z axes, and also control the output power of the laser.
5) Regulated power supply: connected between the laser, CNC machine and power supply system. Mainly to prevent the interference of the external power grid.
6) Cutting head: mainly includes parts such as cavity, focusing lens holder, focusing mirror, capacitive sensor and auxiliary gas nozzle. The cutting head driving device is used for driving the cutting head to move in the Z-axis direction according to a program, and is composed of a servo motor and a transmission member such as a screw or a gear.
7) Operator station: used to control the working process of the entire cutting device.
8) Chiller: used to cool the laser generator. A laser is a device that converts electrical energy into light energy. For example, a CO2 gas laser typically has a conversion rate of 20%, and the remaining energy is converted into heat. Cooling water removes excess heat to keep the laser generator working. The chiller also cools the external light path mirror and focusing mirror of the machine tool to ensure stable beam transmission quality and effectively prevent the lens from overheating and causing deformation or bursting.
9) Cylinders: including laser cutting machine working medium cylinders and auxiliary cylinders, used to supplement laser-oscillated industrial gases and auxiliary gases for cutting heads.
10) Air compressor, air tank: Provide and store compressed air.
11) Air Cooling Dryer, Filter: Used to supply clean dry air to the laser generator and beam path to maintain proper operation of the path and mirror.
12) Exhaust dust remover: Extract the dust and dust generated during processing and filter it to make the exhaust emission comply with environmental protection standards.
13) Slag discharge machine: Excluding the residual materials and scraps generated during processing.